Week One Assignments

• Readings/Viewings:
  • Online Work/Exploration:
    • Purchase a Web hosting account at Cast Iron Coding (or through another commodity Web hosting service)
    • Purchase a Domain Name from GoDaddy.com

Tutorial for these two activities.

• Sign up for an account on Delicious and begin to tag and share items in the Collective (tag: digstoumw)
    • Create an account on UMW Blogs (you don’t need to create a blog, just an account).Tutorial for this activity
    • If you run into ANY problems, use the Class Tech Forum to ask for help (just click on our forum at the bottom of this page to enter a new topic). Note: You will need your UMW Blogs account to login to the forum.
  • Storytelling:
    • Make an animated gif from a SHORT scene in a movie you like/hate. There are tons of online resources/tutorials about making these. I want to see what you can come up with on your own (although it’s totally fine to help each other out). Don’t get hung up on making it perfect. Think of this as an experiment/exploration. These must be emailed to me by 5:00 PM on the 19th.

UPDATE: I’ve added one more component to this week’s assignment. Be sure to check it out here.